Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Week 8: Tuesday

Today was good, but not as good as yesterday. I'd had such a good sleep staying at nana's house and I really didn't feel like getting up early to get in to work. I ended up getting in at 9:30am, which was anonying because I like to get in earlier to get on top of things. I had arranged with Debby to spend a day doing desk and outdoor research, but Daniel asked me to do an urgent stock photo job instead. I spent the day trawling through photos of different cities, which was actually quite enjoyable; and he promised beer which is always a good motivator. The photos gave me the travel bug though! In the arvo I caught up with Debby to go over the work I'll be doing for her. I really appreciated that she had material to back up what she was asking me to do (powerpoints and written notes) and spent the time going over it with me. All too often in the workplace people seem too busy to ask questions or even fully explain what they are asking you to do. I'm going out tomorrow with video camera to record some consumer insights for a brand she's working on. I always enjoy getting out of the office and actually "doing" something, it's good to get away from the computer and air conditioning for a bit. Yay!

No comments: